Welcome to the 35th Annual St George Marathon.
Our staff would like to personally invite you to help us celebrate 35 years of running. We are delighted to announce many upcoming attractions over the next few months that will commemorate the last 35 years.
To kick start our celebration we are having a contest and giving away one FREE entry into the 2011 St George Marathon… Send us your “Shirt Shots”. (Where have you been wearing your ST George Marathon Runner’s Shirts?)
· Contest rules: Starting Monday February 28th Add us to your friend list on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/#!/StGeorgeMarathon, on our New Facebook page upload pictures of where you have worn your St George Marathon runner’s shirt along with a brief description. Our staff will choose one lucky winner, with the best shot and story, to receive a FREE entry into the 2011 St George Marathon which we will announce before April 1, 2011…but then continue to show and tell “where in the world your shirt has gone”.
Along with our 35th Anniversary watch for the release of the first ever St George Marathon video to be released on March 1, 2011, produced by CMI, Center for Media Innovation. The video highlights the 2010 race but exhibits the beauty of our course, the determination of all our runners and the support of our volunteers and community throughout all the years. The video will be posted on our website as well as on our new blog http://www.stgmarathon.blogspot.com/. It will also be uploaded to YouTube.
As we embrace a milestone of 35 years we tend to look back and remember what has gotten us to this point. This year we would like to turn our attention to so many runners who, because of their dramatic efforts, have put our little race on the map and have helped it become the nation’s 7th best marathon. In effort to do so, our staff would also like to introduce Mike Schramm, The St George Marathon Historian. Mike, along with our marathon staff, has been working diligently to produce “The St George Marathon top 50 Legends”. The top 50 male and female St George Marathon Participants of all time. We will be introducing these runners and highlighting their accomplishments throughout the upcoming year. Read their stories and honor their running lives with us on our website, our blog and on Facebook. We will also be honoring them with a historical exhibit at the NordicTrack Health and Fitness EXPO Friday September 30th. Come and enjoy.
A few items of business I would like to bring to your attention:
· Registration for the 2011 St George Marathon will open April 1st 2011. It will close at midnight on May 1st 2011. For registration procedures please visit http://www.stgeorgemarathon.com/registration/procedures.php
Just a reminder that The St George Marathon recognizes that our cap of 7400 runners means that there will be many of you who will not be allowed to run in 2011. We wish we could accommodate each runner and provide a quality experience, unfortunately this in not the case. We will continue to provide other options to make the process as fair as possible such as the Thirds Time’s a Charm program, Charities, STG on the RUN and so forth. We thank you for your loyalty to our event and wish you luck in the upcoming lottery.
· The lottery will take place on Thursday May 5th and lottery results will be listed on Friday May 6th. You will receive an e-mail whether you have been accepted into the race or not. Each e-mail will have further instructions on how to prepare for the upcoming event.
· If you have not had a chance to take the 2010 Marathon Survey, please do so at… http://www.stgeorgemarathon.com/evaluation/. We appreciate your comments and feedback as we hope to improve your experience each year you run with us.
· If you have a photograph that you believe is worthy to be considered as the St George Marathon Official Souvenir Poster please submit your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again we thank you for sharing the last 35 year with us. We look forward to many more.
Race Operations Manger